Cosmetic Dentistry options
A wide variety of cosmetic options are available from your Rochester MN dentist. If you live in Rochester MN and have you thought “Could my smile be brighter?”, or “Can I possibly get my discolored (or misshaped or chipped or crooked) teeth to look good?” you may be looking for a cosmetic dentist.
Thanks to the wonders of modern cosmetic dentistry, the answer is very likely to be a resounding YES and the bonus is it’s surprisingly affordable.
You may be able to spruce your smile up with one of the vast array of cosmetic dental procedures available these days.
- Bleaching lightens teeth that have been stained or discolored by food and age, or darkened as a result of injury. There are two ways to professionally bleach teeth. Your dentist can apply a bleaching solution to one or more of your teeth per visit, over the course of several appointments. Or you can be fitted with a custom-made bleaching tray that you wear for a couple of hours every night at home under a dentist’s guidance. This process can take anywhere from one to six weeks.
- Orthodontic treatment, such as less visible and more effective brackets and wires, now make straightening crooked teeth more palatable for many adults. How long you’ll have to wear them depends on the severity of your problem, the health of your teeth, gums and supporting bone, and your age.
- Bonding involves applying a tooth-colored plastic putty called composite resin to the surface of your chipped, broken or discolored teeth. The composite resin can also fill in gaps between your teeth and protect roots that are exposed due to gum recession. The entire procedure is virtually painless and is usually completed in one visit. However, complex cases may require several appointments.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made, tooth-colored shells that cover the front of your teeth. Once applied, they correct or camouflage misaligned, poorly shaped, damaged, or discolored teeth. The process of applying veneers usually involves two visits to your dentist.
- Enamel shaping or cosmetic recontouring is a procedure for teeth which are a bit overcrowded or uneven. For instance, if one of your teeth looks much longer than the rest, some enamel can be removed and your tooth can be reshaped. The process is usually quick and painless.
- Dental implants are artificial teeth that are attached directly into your jaw and can be used to replace a lost or broken tooth. They’re much more secure and natural looking than dentures or bridgework, but they can be expensive and the entire process can be quite lengthy.
If you’re feeling somewhat self-conscious about your teeth, talk to your Rochester MN dentist about these cosmetic dentistry options.